Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Hills Hills and More Hills


Ran my first "trail run" last week and realized that hills are not my friend...and there are lots of them in the woods. If I am to make my trail run goal, I am going to have to add a lot more hills. Yesterday I ran from our office to senic and back. Growing up, that was about the biggest hill around. Averaged 7:25's in recovery HR zone. Felt mighty good about myself till I imported the GPS data and say that it was a whopping 415ft elevation gain. Grey Rock has 3 2000ft climbs. Something tells me I am going to have to ramp this up. I think I am going to shoot for a Terrace Heights run this weekend. From Yac Fitness(golds) up TH Drive to 57th and straight on till morning. Looks like I can get in around 1000ft. Also I am now shooting for the Clear Lake memorial 1/2 Marathon( there is also a 5mile just around the lake). Robyn has made other arrangements to do her class.....so we are going to make a day of it. Bring on the pain! Any takers?

2 Comments:

Blogger JPaulGeddy said...

How was your trail run from a week ago. you coming to seattle again anytime soon?

1:54 PM  
Blogger Ben_J said...

Nothing on the schedule now....Fun. Ran into some local..ran slow, but didn't get lost and needed no map.

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home